[Homemade] Classic Couscous Recipe
Today, we wanted to prepare a different recipe from classic Turkish recipes. Couscous Recipe!
Couscous recipe is one of the delicacies that we can evaluate with the peace of mind instead of pasta, noodles or rice pilaf / bulgur pilaf, but for some reason we do not host our kitchen as often.
We wanted today to give couscous the value it deserves, and to prepare a classic couscous recipe that everyone will love and want to host on everyone’s table.
What is couscous? How to make couscous recipe?
Couscous is not a rice, bulgur or pasta. Maybe you don’t think of it at first, but couscous is not a nutrient that will be forgotten and thrown into the wild. Cooked like pasta, roasted when appropriate, made with salad and fested with sauteed vegetables, as we prepared.
It is time to give the couscous the value it deserves, which is usually placed in soups or substitutes when there is no rice!
It smells delicious with the addition of butter and eaten with pleasure. Come on, what are you waiting for, prepare a classic couscous recipe in your kitchen this evening. Enjoy your meal in advance!
Ingredients for Couscous Recipe
- 500 grams of couscous
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium red pepper
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon powder turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
Tricks of Couscous Recipes
Take care to boil the couscous without mixing it too much and boiling it slightly.
Cooking Suggestion of Couscous Recipe
If you don’t want to boil the couscous in plenty of water and strain it like pasta, you can cook it using 1.5 to 1 water and blend it with sauteed vegetables. (For example, after 1 cup of couscous is roasted for a short time, cook with the addition of 1.5 cups of hot water.)
How to Make Couscous Recipe?
- Peel the crust of the eggplant with the ends and chop it into tiny cubes.
- Grate the peeled carrot with the thick side of the grater or cut it to the size of the eggplant.
- Cut the red peppers and cherry tomatoes into small pieces where you cut them in half and take the core parts.
- After the olive oil is heated in a frying pan, sauté the vegetables you add in high heat, starting with the carrot you chop. Sweeten it with salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Boil plenty of water in a large pot, add olive oil and salt as desired.
- Add couscous and boil like pasta until soft. After draining the water, put it in the pot and add butter, cook for a short time on low heat.
- Stir with the addition of sauteed vegetables and finely chopped parsley and serve hot.
All About Turkish Food Recipes. Turkish Cuisine ! Easy and delicious All Turkish Food Recipes is here ! Follow us !
Turkish Food Recipes / Turkish Food Blog !