Turkish Stuffed Meatballs With Minced Meat Recipe
This dish, known as stuffed meatballs With Minced Meat in Turkish cuisine, is mostly made in Mardin, Adana, Adiyaman, Kahramanmaras, Gaziantep, Sanliurfa, Diyarbakir, Osmaniye, Hatay, Malatya, Elazig and Tunceli.
The inside of the meatball may contain ground meat or tail oil, depending on the region. Internal mortar is supported with onion, spices and walnut optionally. Round in some places, oval shape is formed in some places.
The meatball is served in two ways. Boiled or fried. The boiled meatballs are light. If the bulgur is not kneaded well, it can be scattered when boiled. The meatballs made with fried are heavier and harder to digest than those made with boiled. The mortar of the stuffed meatballs should always be prepared first. If possible, it should cool well and freeze. The dough of the meatballs should not be wait too long. Then the meatballs should be started immediately after kneading.
Stuffed meatballs is also a kind of food that is preferred to be presented to guests on special occasions such as feast, words, engagement, henna night and wedding.
Turkish Stuffed Meatballs with Minced Meat
FOR EXTERNAL MORTAR
- 1 cup of fine bulgur
- 1 egg
- One medium-sized boiled potatoes
- Half a water cup + 2-3 tablespoons hot water
- One dessert spoon salt
- 1 egg-sized ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sweet pepper paste
FOR INTERNAL MORTAR
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 grams of medium-fat ground beef
- 1 medium bulb onion
- 8-10 nutmeat (soaked in water for half an hour)
- 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper powder
- 1 tablespoonful of butter
- Sunflower oil for frying
Preparation Turkish Stuffed Meatballs with Minced Meat
- To make the mortar, chop the onion and roast in oil. Add the mincemeat and continue to roast. Add the butter, salt and spices and mix and close the bottom.Chop walnuts with a knife slightly and add. Then allow to cool.
- Add the hot water into the bulgur and mix and leave to swell. Add the other ingredients and knead by hand.Continue to knead until all the ingredients become pulp and identify with.
- Take a piece of lemon-sized dough from the prepared dough and give it an oval shape and open it with your index finger from the middle part and thin it out as much as you can.(you can get help by dipping your hand into the water while shaping)
- Fill the inside with mortar and cover the ends thoroughly. And if you can, you can make them look more beautiful like a lemon.
- Pour the oil in a pan that can fry the meatballs. Fry the meatballs.Fry the meatballs like pomegranates in this oil. Then take it to the serving plate. You can also eat by squeezing lemon into your palate according to your taste. Serve hot.
Enjoy Your Meal !