Kunefe Recipe, How to make Homemade Kunefe ? All About the Turkish Kunefe.
Turkish cuisine contains many delicious desserts. Baklava, Şekerpare and Kunefe are among the most popular desserts with syrup.Kunefe recipe is very popular in Turkish restaurants with grill and kebab service.
Kunefe is a traditional Turkish dessert made with cheese pastries soaked in sweet, sugar-based syrup. Kunefe is cooked by rotating on low heat in special trays of various sizes according to the number of servings desired. Then, the other side is cooked in the same way by reversing skillfully. After removing from the fire, sherbet and pistachio are added and served hot.
Pistachios, walnuts or hazelnuts or dried coconut may be sprinkled on top of the cooked kunefe. Antep pistachio is the most used of these garnishes. Kunefe can be eaten with ice cream or cream.
In the service, almost always a glass of milk is given together with kunefe. Milk takes the burning of the high sugar in the dessert and takes the heat of the kunefe, which is eaten in hot weather.
History of Kunefe
Considering the family tree of kunefe, which is considered to be a dessert from the hops, it can be estimated that the ancestor is kadayif dessert, although it is not known how many generations it is. But as I mentioned above, there is an uncertainty about which city its origin is based on. For this reason, we witness disputes between our provinces such as Hatay, Urfa and Mersin. But if we have to say its origin, it would be better to say that it is a sherbet based on Arabic culture.
The most important features that distinguish Kunefe from kadayif are that it is thinner than kadayif dessert and it contains cheese. Cheese is unsalted white cheese obtained from goat or cow’s milk, and it is a type that gets longer when taken to the mouth and takes you to dreams as it gets longer. Thanks to the yeast added in its production, it has been added to our memories by gaining flexibility. Kunefe cheese, which provides integrity between the two kadayif pieces and has a very flexible structure, has been extended between the fork and your mouth and has served as a bridge. Until you show the dare to cut with your teeth… Although there is no other material other than cheese in the Hatay küne, there is also a powder peanut for Urfa style kunefe. Also, it would be appropriate to say that it was pure pure oil that made kunefe recipe.
While it is known as ‘revgan-i sade’ in Ottoman, this oil, which is found in Turkish as pure oil or plain oil; It is obtained by removing water and oil-free dry materials from unsalted butter. In the end, plain oil with 99% milk fat appears. It wouldn’t be a lie if I claim that the most mouthwatering part is to turn over the kunefe when the fat melts.
Turkish Kunefe Recipe, How to make Homemade Kunefe recipe ?
The wire kadayıfs, which are blended with plenty of butter after the wire is opened, the salt-free Antakya cheese, also known as special kunefe cheese, the molasses mixture used for the crispy browning of the kadayif wires … Which dessert do you think is in the recipe? Of course, in kunefe, which is one of the most delicious of sherbet desserts.
Next to him, one portion of ice cream..
Ingredients for Kunefe Recipe
- 300 grams of wire kadayıf
- 150 grams of butter
- 200 grams unsalted antakya cheese (or tongue cheese)
To cook the Kunefe:
- 50 grams of butter
- 2 tablespoons of grape molasses
For the syrup:
- 1.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Tricks of Künefe Recipe
If you put the kadayif in the deep freezer before preparing kunefe, it will be easily broken and the wire will be separated. To understand if there is a syrup; When you pour the mixture you put into the spoon, it should not drip, and it should be filtered continuously from the spoon, like rope. Afterwards, make use of kunefe. Be sure to cook on low heat by turning the kennel on the stove, without burning. The syrup should be cooled at room temperature and rested, it should be hot from the stove. Otherwise, burns will occur on the kunefe.
Cooking Suggestion of Kunefe Recipe
If possible, let the tray you bake the kunefe distribute the heat evenly. According to the desire to prepare and cook at one time in the mid-size tray in the oven Kunefe.
How to make Kunefe Recipe?
- To prepare the cooled sherbet you will make on the hot kunefe; Add the sugar and water to the pot.
- Mix the sherbet mixture you bought in the stove and boil on low heat.
- Add lemon juice to the sherbet, which boils for about 20-25 minutes and takes consistency, then remove from the stove. Leave it on one side to cool.
- Put the string kadayifi in a large tray. Open the wire by hand and turn it into small pieces. After adding the butter that you kept at room temperature, continue to open the kadayıf wires and feed the butter to the kadayıfs.
- Divide the buttered kadayif mixture, which has a golden yellow color, into two equal parts.
- To cook the kuneef; Mix the butter that you kept at room temperature with molasses in a small bowl.
- Grease the small round trays you will cook with some of the molasses butter.
- Press half the buttered kadayıf mixture onto the bottom of the baking tray and lay it down.
- Sprinkle the unsalted Antakya cheese, which you crumble with your hand after draining the water, so that there is no space on the kadayıfs.
- Cover the cheeses with the remaining buttered kadayıf mixture. Smear the remaining butter with molasses on it.
- Take the kunefe trays over the stove. Move the tray over the stove and cook the kunefe on low heat.
- Take the kunefe, the base of which is colored, by turning it over with a large plate and turn it back into the stove. Cook in the same way to make the other side brown.
- Take the cold sherbet on the roast beef like pomegranate that you are about to buy from the stove and remove it from the stove.
- Share the kunefe, which is rested for a short time and sherbet, after slicing it with your loved ones, either hot or warm, as desired.
Enjoy Your Meal ! 🙂
If you like the our Kunefe Recipe, do not forget to comment. 🙂