Roasted tomato soup is one of the most popular soups in Turkish cuisine. It is a hearty and delicious soup that is perfect for a cold winter day. The combination of roasted tomatoes, yogurt, and tomato paste creates a unique flavor that is sure to please everyone.
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe :
Delicious and Hearty Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
- 1 kg tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Roast the tomatoes in the oven at 200 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
- Puree the roasted tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Sauté the onion in olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the tomato puree to the sautéed onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste to the cooked soup and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and let the soup cool.
- Add the yogurt, salt, and pepper to the cooled soup and stir.
- Serve the soup.
- Roast the tomatoes on a grill or stovetop instead of in the oven.
- Add garlic, oregano, or mint to the soup, if desired.
- Use strained yogurt to make the soup even thicker.
- The tomatoes can be roasted in the oven, on a grill, or on the stovetop. If roasting in the oven, preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and roast the tomatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until they are soft and charred.
- If roasting the tomatoes on a grill, preheat the grill to medium heat and grill the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until they are soft and charred.
- If roasting the tomatoes on the stovetop, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes, or until they are soft and charred.
- The onion can be chopped finely or coarsely, depending on your preference.
- The tomato paste can be added to the soup at the beginning of cooking, or it can be added later, depending on your preference.
- The yogurt can be strained or unstrained, depending on your preference.
- The soup can be garnished with fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil.
- Use ripe tomatoes. Ripe tomatoes will have a sweet and juicy flavor that will make the soup taste even better.
- Don’t overcook the tomatoes. Overcooked tomatoes will become mushy and will not have a good texture.
- Season the soup to taste. Add salt and pepper to the soup to your liking. You can also add other seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, or oregano.
- Serve the soup hot. Roasted tomato soup is best served hot. It can be served with a side of crusty bread or crackers.
Roasted tomato soup is a delicious and hearty soup. With its rich flavor and texture, it is a staple on many tables. If you try this recipe, you will make a soup that you and your loved ones will enjoy.